Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Mini-vacation

Jude and i are leaving tomorrow for our miniature vacation to Santa Rosa, for our friends wedding.  I'm so looking forward to it, but I already feel sad about leaving my sweet babies behind.  I'm going to miss them so much, but I can't wait to get some time alone with my husband as well.  It's such a struggle. 

I was telling Joshy about how we were going on a little trip, and that he and Isaac were going to stay with grandma and grandpa... and he said:  "is that fine, if i go with you?"  :)  such a sweet boy.  I told him not to be sad, and to have a good time, and to help take care of his little brother, and he stopped me and said, "but mom, i AM sad."  seriously!?  melts my heart!  Hopefully they'll have some good quality time with grandma and pa, and won't be too big of stinkers while we're gone! 

I'm all tanned, hair is done, had my eyebrows waxed, pedicure and manicure... you'd think i was the one getting married!  I feel like i need all the help i can get, being the only short, pregnant one in the group of bridesmaids!  Hopefully I'll look ok, and not too much bigger than the rest of them! ha!  I know the photographer, so hopefully he'll capture my good angles! lol! 

Jude is growing a horrible mustache for the wedding as well (i wish i had a picture to post).  The groom had the bright idea to make all of his groomsmen grow mustaches so that he looks more handsome.  I think it will work!  I might just bring clippers to the reception and shave it off while we're there :)  He does look very handsome in his suit though :) 

I think we'll have a great time, and I'm looking forward to being able to relax and get some alone time with my hubby as well.  it's been a long time, and WILL be a very long time before it happens again, so I want to take full advantage of this opportunity!

Wish us safe travels :)  And pray that my boys behave themselves!  I miss them already. 

     

1 comment:

Amy @ TheMombot.com said...

your boys will do great! kids are always angels when they aren't with their parents :) have fun! you're gonna look gorgeous!